Character Traits of Extraordinary Leaders - What Makes Extraordinary Leaders Stand Above the Rest of Us?
There are many character traits of extraordinary leaders that make these people exceptional human beings.
The following site discusses what makes an extraordinary leader.
History has given us a few extraordinary leaders like Gandhi, Jesus Christ, Abraham Lincoln, Winston Churchill, Mother Teresa, and others.
What's interesting is it's challenging finding online historical people who have exhibited character traits of extraordinary leaders.
Many of the online searches return information from a business perspective about what makes a person extraordinary.
However, there's the
- humanitarian, and
- spiritual worlds to consider.
Obviously, no one will agree entirely on what character traits are necessary to be an extraordinary leader.
Yet you can help your child learn about the traits that leaders exhibit by remembering that an extraordinary leader needs a greater number of...
Good Character Traits
than bad character traits.
In fact, people who are leaders seem to know how to make and keep friends.
Help your kids have more joy in life through developing lifetime friendships by signing up for my free Friendship Power Alerts, delivered every three weeks or so.
Receive a fun report of 10 friendship books for kids, available free of charge only to subscribers of Friendship Power Alerts, so sign up now.
Your child will learn:
3 skills that guarantee your child keeps the friends she makes.
the 5 traits on being a good friend all friendships require.
one simple truth about friendships so your child always can tell whether she's in a good friendship or not.
Let's have some fun with the final list of character traits of extraordinary leaders.
Below, I listed a very large number of good character traits.
I'd like your help in choosing the most important traits to be included in the list of extraordinary leaders.
So, after you read the following list, you will find a form. Fill in the form with your choice of character traits for the final list of character traits of extraordinary leaders.
I've grouped a list of good character traits for successful people with definitions from an online dictionary (The list is long, all definitions may not be completed by the time you visit).
The following good character traits include:
- Accepting means amenable; open.
Someone who is accepting of others can easily make and keep friends.
- Adaptable means willing or able to change to fit in with different circumstances.
Being adaptable is one of the most important character traits of extraordinary leaders because change is guaranteed to happen, moment by moment.
- Adventurous means inclined or willing to engage in adventures; enjoying adventures and full of risk; requiring courage; hazardous: an adventurous undertaking. Bold, daring, venturous, venturesome
To be a leader in any field, you need a sense of adventure in your blood. Extraordinary leaders have many adventures and must enjoy the lifestyle.
- Ardent has four meanings:
- having, expressive of, or characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent: an ardent vow; ardent love.
- intensely devoted, eager, or enthusiastic; zealous: an ardent theatergoer. an ardent student of French history.
- vehement; fierce: They were frightened by his ardent, burning eyes.
- burning, fiery, or hot: the ardent core of a star.
Any list of character traits of extraordinary leaders must include the character trait of humility.
not proud or arrogant; modest: to be humble although successful.
- having a feeling of insignificance, inferiority, subservience, etc.: In the presence of so many world-famous writers I felt very humble.
- low in rank, importance, status, quality, etc.; lowly: of humble origin; a humble home.
- courteously respectful: In my humble opinion you are wrong.
- low in height, level, etc.; small in size: a humble member of the galaxy.
–verb (used with object)
- to lower in condition, importance, or dignity; abase.
- to destroy the independence, power, or will of.
- to make meek: to humble one's heart.
Extraordinary leaders intuitively know when to show their strength and when to be humble. This makes them extraordinary.
- of a good or benevolent nature or disposition, as a person: a kind and loving person.
- having, showing, or proceeding from benevolence: kind words.
- indulgent, considerate, or helpful; humane (often fol. by to): to be kind to animals.
- mild; gentle; clement: kind weather.
- British Dialect. loving; affectionate.
Being a kind person is one of the crucial character traits of extraordinary leaders, as only kind people garner true respect and love from the people they lead.
Visit examples of character traits for a few more specific examples.
Complete the Form for Your Choice of Character Traits
My Promise: I will never share your email address and personal information with anyone. I dislike spam as much as you. Thank you for your trust.
The information and art found on Character Traits of Extraordinary Leaders is the property of Childrens Educational Books.